- Red Still, Dry
- Italy, Cerasuolo di Vittoria DOCG
- Frappato, Nero d’Avola
- 802 UAH
- Area of production: Vittoria (RG), South-Eastern of Sicily.
- Grapes variety: Frappato di Vittoria 40%, Nero d’Avola 60%
- Agriculture: Organic.
- Altitude: 230 Meters a.s.l.
- Soil: red soil, medium consistency; formed of subalpine sands of Pliocene origin, of limestone-Siliceous nature.
- Training system: Guyot.
- Planting density: 5.000 vines/hectare.
- Average age of vines in production: 25 years.
- Harvest period:end of september, first days of october.
- Fermentation: spontaneous on the skins with indigenous yeasts.
- Aging: Slavonian barrels and bottle.
Azienda Agricola COS was founded in 1980 by three friends: Giambattista Cilia, Giusto Occhipinti, and Cirino Strano. The name is just an acronym of their family names (in case you didn’t notice). The trio is known for the transformation of Cerasuolo di Vittoria wine from DOC to DOCG level (the only one on the island), as their 2005 release was the first to bear the new designation.
COS started its adventure with biodynamic farming and neutral terracotta vases. In 2007 (after moving to a new location), they decided to get rid of all their oak barrels in favour of 150 huge amphoras.
2020-12-02 - 8.50
Wine that evolves over the evening. It all starts with sour cherry, animal and funky notes. Over time funkiness fades away, fruit notes become more dominant. Sour cherry and plum pie, leather, thyme, bay leaf, gravel and clay. Light and sophisticated. I like it :)
2021-08-13 - 8.50
Wonderful and expressive wine. Sour cherry, blueberry, plum pie, animal and funky notes (in a very good way), bay leaf, gravel and clay. Sophisticated, easy going and very tasty.