- White Still, Dry
- Raúl Pérez
- Spain, Bierzo DO
- 808 UAH, 944 UAH
La Vizcaína La Del Vivo is Godello (and a bit of Doña Blanca) from two vineyards called La Poulosa and Las Villegas on the hillsides around Raúl Pérez’s hometown of Vatuille de Abajo. La Poulosa was planted in 1940, and Las Villegas - in 1925. In total, we talk about 1.5 hectares of vines growing at 500-550 meters above sea level on clay (La Poulosa) and sandy (Las Villegas) soils.
The grapes are divided into two parts. Approximately 80% of the grapes are pressed and decanted, then fermented in a 2500-litre oak foudre, where the wine remains untouched for one year. The remaining 20% of the grapes ferment with skins in clay amphora for one year. The two parts are blended and bottled without fining or filtration.
2023-02-28 - 8.50
Wine #5 on Double trouble.
Compared to 2017, 2015 has a more developed bouquet, and I definitely love it. More Jerez, more honey and amber. Mould and mushrooms. Still expressive and generous. But unfortunately, the acidity is lower than in 2017, and ethanol is less balanced. Anyway, it’s a complex and interesting wine. I would love to taste it again. Haha, dreams, dreams.
By they way, this wine reminded me R. López de Heredia Viña Tondonia Blanco Reserva 2011.